Check out these top tourist destinations in Victoria! Wow, looking at it makes ME want to go there!
One of the things that a lot of women love about Victorica BC are the luxury accommodations that we are surrounded by. There is so much to do here not only to do with nature, but also when it comes to taking care of yourself!
Did you know that the architecture of Victoria is entrenched in deeply, historic roots? What do we mean by this? Well, Victorian history is majorly influenced by the British, leading to Victorian architecture. If you want to see a classic, awe-inducing example, head over to Craigdarroch Castle mansion:
A visit to the Craigdarroch Castle leaves most visitors stunned. Add in a visit to the Emily Carr House and you will have plenty of pictures to boast to your family and friends.
If you are tired with the handful of suggestions we have thrown at you, then head on over to some of the best day spas this city has to offer! How about the Sapphire day spa? What is not to love as you can get a relaxing massage and facial before you head out to the slew of landmarks we are about to bring to your attention. Before we do though, realize that these day spas compare to some of the leading ones in the US, like day spa La Jolla.
Let’s get started with a list of absolute landmarks that you should visit: Wharf Street, Government Street, Empress Hotel National Historic Site of Canada, and Fan Tan Alley.
There are plenty of things to do in Victoria BC. There is no shortage of anything here. If you want to visit a lot of places, it is best to make an overall plan of visiting two major places a day at most (depending).
I’m going out of town on vacation to a beautiful Bed & Breakfast I looked up online. I love the whole experience of these places, much more so than any hotel. The owners are extremely nice and actually cook you real food versus the hotels who serve you microwaved food. Also, these places have a more interesting history to them, like the Lizzie Borden B&B, which I plan to visit next.
I told my friend that she and her husband could stay at my place while I’m gone, but it’s mostly to watch my pets. They told me they’d like to have a get together with their friends outside, so I already rolled out my Black & Decker EM 1500 electric lawn mower and got right to work. It is a breeze to use and I’m so glad I don’t have to smell gas anymore. It’s slightly more work to use with the cord, but I just use the cord reel to reel it back in when I’m done.
It feels good that I have the yard looking nice for my friend to host her party. And I’m also thankful that my mower is so very easy to use and fast, so I can have more time to pack. She refused to take money, so I’m going to stock the refrigerator and tell them to help themselves to whatever they want. It’s the least I can do, to return the favor to her. I trust them completely with my house and I’ve met most of their friends, so I’m confident they will take care of things properly.
Just two more days and I’m off! I can’t wait to have a nice relaxing vacation from the tedious work I do almost 50 hours a week. I think people shouldn’t have to work more than 30 hours a week because life is too short for that. I’m looking forward to my retirement in a few years!
Well, get to it! Nature calls you. Check out another video by Discover British Columbia:
Love nature? Then, British Columbia should be your next trip. Why? This video should not only answer that question but also leave you stunned:
Are you thinking of visiting Canada in the near future? Or more specifically, Victoria, BC? Well if so, here are the finest Bed & Breakfasts in Victoria:
This is one of the best Bed & Breakfasts you’ll ever find in Victoria. It is located in the Rockland district and is a five minute drive to downtown.
Abbeymoore Manor is an outstanding period mansion built in 1912 and sits amongst the gardens, castles and tree lined streets of “Old Victoria.” It gives you an unmatchable and incredible experience by providing numerous enviable facilities.
* Romantic heritage bed and breakfast accommodation in a quiet residential setting.
* Rooms or self-contained suites at ground level and a penthouse suite with ocean and mountain views.
* You get large bedrooms offer- queen or king size beds, private bathrooms, antique furnishings, down comforters, off-street parking and a full-gourmet breakfast.
* The garden suites are self-contained, one bedroom units with private bathrooms, jetted tubs, showers, full kitchen and sitting room. You also get a double hide-a-bed, down comforters, oak/tile floor and area rugs. Additional amenities include a large screen TV, CD players, telephone, off-street parking and gourmet breakfast in the mornings for short-term guests.
The Humboldt House
If you’re looking for the most romantic and private B&B, The Humboldt House is the best option for you. It is located just two blocks from Victoria’s Inner Harbour, and one block from the beautiful gardens of Beacon Hill Park. A romantic stroll through the park takes you to the ocean and breath-taking mountain views.
* Large Jacuzzi baths, wood-burning fireplaces and an exquisite decor are located in each of the 6 beautifully-themed guest rooms.
* A full-gourmet breakfast is delivered through a two-way pantry into the privacy of your room.
* Multiple-theme based rooms options – Edward’s Room, Oriental Room, Gazebo Room, Mikado Room, Celebration Room and Floral Suite.
* Gourmet in-room breakfast each morning, sparkling juice and handmade chocolate truffles on arrival, homemade refreshments in the parlour each afternoon
* WiFi internet and parking
Across The Harbour Bed & Breakfast
This B&B is situated in a location that features a 40-minute leisure walk along a picturesque ocean boardwalk, a fun and informative 20 minute seasonal boat ride, and a 5 minute car ride to Victoria’s Inner harbor and downtown.
* Oceanfront on Victoria Harbour.
* Fireplaces, private baths with deep air-jetted tubs for two (42 jets), TV/DVD, High Speed internet.
* Wonderful breakfasts on the veranda overlooking the harbour.
Albion Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn
Albion Manor or Victoria’s Victorian Jewel is surrounded by a lush English country garden that provides guests with an oasis in which to relax and unwind at the end of a working day or a busy day of sightseeing. It is located just 5 minutes from ferries, the ocean, downtown shopping and Victoria’s major attractions.
* Newly renovated, modern bathrooms, private entrances, balconies and patios all in a superb heritage building tastefully decorated with antique furnishings and paintings.
* Relax in the Peacock Parlour, on the large covered veranda or in the Obelisk Garden after your gourmet breakfast in our Victorian dining room.
* Different theme based rooms – Oscar Wilde, Seville, Renoir, Henry VIII, Michelangelo.
Spinnakers Brewpub & GuestHouse
Whether you are looking for a cozy, relaxing stay or a romantic getaway, this charming Guest House is a perfect spot! Located on Victoria’s Inner Harbour, Spinnakers is an ideal sight to see.
* Guest Suites offering refined accommodations suitable for parties of up to 4 persons.
* Rooms are fully equipped with double soaker jetted tubs, rain showers and fireplaces.
* Numerous themed rooms.
* Heritage House jacuzzi, Garden Suite kitchenette, Garden Suite kitchen and Heritage Steamer shower.
* All rooms include a complimentary beer and truffle tasting, free parking and wireless internet.
Dashwood Manor Seaside Bed and Breakfast
This historic Bed & Breakfast is a 20-minute walk from downtown Victoria. Dashwood Manor likely has one of the best locations in Victoria and provides wonderful service.
* Gourmet breakfast items are available, including baked French toast and a variety of local teas.
* It offers in-room spa treatments and free Wi-Fi.
* Eleven spacious themed guest rooms, all with private bath, ocean views and comfy sitting area.
* The Buckingham Dining Room is furnished with large windows that provide views of the ocean.
Ashcroft House B&B
This is a 1898 heritage landmark that’s situated in historic James Bay and just a half block off the enchanting ocean strolls along the majestic Dallas Road and the serene beach paths of Holland Point.
+ A sumptuous breakfasts, business travel, and room packages,
+ An incredible beds and quality linens,
+ Various themed rooms- Wedgwood Room, Sheldon Room, Cotswold Room, Canterbury Room and Orchid Suite.
+ A library, TV, Internet, wonderful toiletries and has a hairdryer for your convenience.
Amante Luxury Bed & Breakfast
The Amante Luxury B&B is located on the Northern tip of beautiful Saanich Peninsula. Pull into the driveway and you will feel like you are a million miles away from the hustle bustle. Enjoy your favourite beverage and watch the ferries go by!
* Summer months include a bottle of red or white wine.
* Romantic cozy sitting room, fully fitted with beautiful chaise lounges, loveseats, and blankets as well as plush pillows.
* Luxurious Upscale Suites – Ocean Suite and the Garden Suite, both are specifically designed to whisk you away with their romantic settings.
* Breathtaking views, private patios, three scale gourmet breakfast.
* Custom king-size bed with a glass door headboard.
* Egyptian linens, spa-like bathroom with 2 person shower and a deep soaker tub.
The Gatsby Mansion
The Gatsby Mansion is over 100 years old and is beautifully accented with landscaped gardens, lovely fountains and wandering pathways. It is located in the heart of Victoria and serves as a boutique style hotel for those looking for a touch of old time romance. The interior features beautiful woodwork, crystal chandeliers and stained glass windows.
* Each of the nine garden suites.
* All of the suites have their own distinct personality and charm.
* It offers catering to couples, wedding parties, families and corporate functions.
* All rooms feature old English décor and there are no two rooms that are alike.
* Victorian Style furnishings, books, newspapers, and a Keurig coffee machine are available for your enjoyment.
* A complimentary hot buffet breakfast is served every morning in the Hunter`s Club restaurant from 7-10am.
Thinking of exploring Victoria BC but not sure where to start? In this video, Nick talks about the top free things to do in Victoria BC.
Let’s highlight the free part 😉 You’re welcome!
From time to time, we like to check in with our neighbors. Victoria, BC is such a beautiful area to enjoy and there are plenty of amazing bed and breakfasts here. One of the most unique bed and breakfasts here is called the Gingerbread Cottage Bed.
Yep, it is as unique as it sounds! But, only images and videos can do it any justice:
Taking care of a bed and breakfast, it can be really hard to maintain both the inside and the outside. However! I have been planning to plant some flowers in my backyard for some time now. Finally, when I bought a lawnmower last week, I felt that the time had finally come to do so. The idea was to use the mower to clear up the bushy grass before proceeding to make a flower garden along the yard’s fence.
Now, this is more of a boring, personal post, but stay with me. (By the way, if you own a bed & breakfast, feel free to reach out and say hi! 🙂 )
Maintaining the Outside of a B&B…
Thankfully, the mower made my work quite easy since it was very efficient. The Sun Joe MJ408E electric lawn mower is one of the newest brands in the market that are environmentally conscious. Since the mower is electric, it felt good mowing the lawn with a silent and fumeless machine. Some of the features I loved in the machine include the safety ignition button, the easy gathering of the cut grass with the collection bag at the back, and the almost 20-inch cutting width. There are plenty good options you can read at Mow Like a Champ, which is all about electric lawn mower reviews.
Soon, I was done cutting the grass and it was time to pick the ideal place for the flower garden. My chosen spot was along the fence, but a few inches from the shade. Then I proceeded to clear the ground that had become filled with grass and debris over the months. It was time to give the lawn a new look.
Next, I dug up the ground and then spread a 3-inch layer of compost on the fresh earth. Mowing the lawn beforehand proved very beneficial because all the fallen leaves and cut grass would serve as mulch for my new plants.
I did not want to plant the garden a new every year and so I decided to go with the perennial types of flowers. Since I had been planning about the garden for some time now, the flowers I settled on were the Peruvian Lily, the lavender-blue Catmint, the Coreopsis, and another favorite, the Forget-me-not.
I decided to start off with a few shoots and expand the garden with time. This way, I would have the chance to test what works best for my farm. Putting the plants in the ground was quite easy since the soil was soft and moist from the long-term grass cover.
Next, I connected a pipe from my backyard tap and sprayed the new plants with water. Now, this would become a daily routine until the plants take hold and start to flourish. Next I picked the grass that I had cut and spread it beneath my young plants as mulch. Soon, the grass would decompose and create another layer of compost for my flowers.
Thanks to the Sun Joe MJ408E electric lawn mower and the beautiful new flowers, the lawn was now looking good and neat.
A word of advice to would be flower gardeners, always start small in making your backyard flower farm. It is better to grow at a slow pace rather than fail in a big way. Secondly, it is wise to know the type of flowers you want to have in your flower garden. Are they annuals or perennials? In what climate do they do well? These factors will help you avoid suffering losses caused by planting flowers that will end up failing.